Earlybird Registration for 2018 is now open! Use code earlybird18 to save 15%
Remember summer when you were a kid?
Exploring the great outdoors. Hanging out with your friends until dusk. Maybe getting into a little harmless trouble?
Nobody stayed inside on their own. There were no video games and you were not glued to the TV all day.
Let your kids experience your childhood summer with our Fit Kids Summer Camp...
Why our camp stands out
- We strive for a user-led approach to our programming. Every morning when kids arrive for camp, we map out a plan with the kids. Giving them the opportunity to construct the daily schedule around what interests them allows for smooth transitions throughout the day. Of course, we have our own schedule in mind each day, but we are happy to put a spin on things to keep the kids thinking that the adventure was "their idea".
- Our staff are ready for everything. We've got an arsenal of activities ready to go in every situation. If it is calling for miserable weather, we've got a host of equipment to keep them entertained and burning off all of their energy while indoors. We've got more crafts planned than we can possibly complete during the week, but have something for every skill level and interest.
- While it is all fun and games, our goal is to encourage children to get to know how their own body works, love exercise, and develop healthy activity patterns that will stick into adulthood. We are not here to scare them into exercising!
What activities your kids can expect to participate in:
- Adventures to local parks, and maybe even a bakery or farmer's market.
- Indoor and outdoor games like scavenger hunts
- Obstacle courses, relay races, dodgeball, fitness bingo, cooperative games
- Fitness lessons that carry over into other sports
- Table games
- Fitness and Nutrition Themed crafts
- Age appropriate reading time
- Edible nutrition lessons
Why Your Child Will Enjoy BOMB Camp
- We’re only taking 20 children each week (and only 12 kids at The Beach) so they will get lots of attention. Since we won’t be overrun with a large group, we won’t have to keep to a militant structure and can do activities the kids want to do.
- They’ll make new, awesome friends.
- Have lots and lots of adventures to farmer’s markets, parks, wading pools and trips to fun, educational places (read: behind the scenes at the bakery…we’ll leave the science centres to the school). The itinerary will be finalized in June.
- Yes, they may get into a little harmless trouble, all in the name of fun. They may ask Farmer’s silly questions and we may play Nicky, Nicky Nine Doors!!
What your child gets with Fit Kids Summer Camp:
- 3 mature members of staff always on duty, all trained in CPR and choking. No silly teenager picking their nose while texting, rather than looking after your child. If we lose one, it’s our program and reputation on the line :o)
- Like we keep saying, they will have a lot of fun and get to explore their imagination as opposed to getting square eyes from watching TV. Last year we visited splash pads, soccer fields, made water melon ice cream, swam in inflatable pools, and biked all over the Danforth and East York area. Our main goal is to make fitness fun for kids so that they grow up having mastered healthy habits. The most amazing thing to watch however was the camaraderie that developed amongst the small groups.
What you will need to provide:
- Lunch and snacks.
- A change of clothes. You never know what will happen…we have had “follow-throughs” before.
- Swimwear. We're not crazy enough to bring 15+ kids to the pool, but they will likely get wet at splash pads and splash pools.
- Suntan lotion. Err on the side of caution with this one. Kevin wore factor 500 as a kid,but you don’t have to take it quite that far.
- Loose change for spending money…just in case they can’t resist the fruit stand at the farmer’s market.
Your kids will have an awesome time. They’ll go back to school and tell all their friends about the great summer they had. The one that you hopefully had as a kid.
You can register below or contact us with any questions on 647-887-8674 or by EMAIL.
Just a few more key details:
- Summer camp runs for 9 weeks (July 3rd to August 1st 2018).
- The suggested age for summer camp is JK to Grade 5 and activities will be split based on age group.
- The maximum number of participants per session is around 12-20 depending on location, so please book early to get the week(s) that you want.
- Activities are planned from 9am - 4pm with an extended care from 8:30am - 5:30pm.
- The price is $249 per week or $309 with extended day. Price goes up after June 4th.
- The shorter week (Aug 2-5) is $199 for the week and $239 with extended care.